Call for Submissions: Music in Lo-Fi
Juju Foto Factory is a working photography studio and gallery space located in the heart of the east side arts district in Austin, Texas. We are currently accepting submissions for "Music in Lo-Fi", an exhibition occurring March 15 - 25, 2012. We are gearing up to celebrate the South by Southwest music festival in Austin. We are seeking to exhibit work that has not yet received wide public attention in major publications or exhibitions. We also seek to provide emerging photographers the opportunity to show their work and develop their exhibition resumes. 100% of sales proceeds go directly to the artist.
We encourage work which reflects contemporary photography's roles in perceiving history and collective memory about the music.
- Live: photographs of bands/artists performing
- Portrait: a posed photograph
- Reportage: un-staged photographs that tell a story
- Festivals: photographs taken at live music events
We encourage photographers working in all Lo-Fi mediums of photography from Holga, Lomo, pin-hole, Lens babies lenses, cell-phone cameras, home-made cameras and vintage cameras to submit.
U.S., International, Professional and Amateur Photographers - working in black and white or color, using traditional or digital methods or elements of both processes.
Individual files should be titled with the Photographer's first initial, followed by last name, a sequential image number, followed by title.
- JPEG format saved at level 10 compression
- Images must be no greater than 1600 pixels on the longest dimension
- Images must be saved at 72dpi
- Maximum file size: 1MB
- Color Profile: Adobe SRGB
You may include a brief bio, up to 200 words.
- $35.00 for up to ten (10) images.
- Fee is payable via Paypal.
- Your submission process is complete upon receipt of entry fee.
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- International currency must be in US dollars.
Accepted Works: Print & Framing Guidelines
- Final Print must be matted and framed
- Frame must be 16″x 20″with plexiglass cover (no glass)
- Must arrive ready to hang with wire
- Unsold works will be returned in same packaging it arrived in
- Mailed in works should include prepaid return shipping fee
Sales & Commissions
100% of sales go to the artist
February 24th, 2012
February 27th, 2012
March 13th, 2012
March 15th - 25th, 2012, During SxSW
March 15th, 2012, 7pm - 9pm
Apply Online at http://jujufotofactory.com/call-for-submissions
About Juju Foto Factory
Juju is a creative space focused on the music, movie, and photography industries. Our mission is to provide independent photographers, both local and international, with an opportunity to exhibit art of our time. Austin, Texas is the Live Music Capital of the World, host to international film festivals, and home to an eclectic cultural mix and independent art scene.
For more info or questions on the submission process, please contact email@example.com
JUJU FOTO FACTORY
2235 EAST 6th Street, UNIT 101
AUSTIN, TX 78702